Need help paying for phone or internet?
Look no further. The Lifeline program is designed to assist low-income subscribers with telephone or broadband internet service. The Lifeline Program includes either — access to a telephone network with unlimited local call usage and access to emergency services (911) OR best-effort broadband internet of 20 Mbps.
Am I Eligible?
To see if you qualify, you’ll need to create an account through the Lifeline National Verifier to complete the online application and submit verifiable documentation of enrollment in one or more of the programs listed:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Veterans or Survivors Pension Benefit
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TTANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Head Start (if income eligibility criteria are met); or
- An income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
If you have any questions, please call us at call us at (918)366-8000. We are happy to help!