NetSmartz is an Internet safety resource from the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children and the Boys & Girls Clubs of America that uses the latest technology to create high-impact educational activities for even the most tech-savvy kids of any age group.
The goal of NetSmartz is to extend the safety awareness of children and empower them to make responsible decisions online and in real life. This is accomplished by:
- enhancing the ability of children to recognize dangers on the Internet
- encouraging children to report victimization to a trusted adult
- supporting and enhancing community education efforts
- increasing communication between adults and children about online safety
- enhancing the ability of children to understand that people they first “meet” on the Internet should never be considered their friend
Parents, guardians, educators, community leaders, and law enforcement can choose from resources including on- and offline activities, games, Internet safety pledges, news articles, and activity cards designed to supplement the NetSmartz online activities.
NetSmartz content is available at no charge at www.NetSmartz.org.