BTC Broadband Job Openings
Installation & Repair Technician
Currently filling one position
Installs, maintains, and repairs customer POTS, Internet, VOIP, Special Circuits, and premise equipment. Typically installs aerial and/or buried service drop cabling, station protectors, ONTs, network interface devices (NID), and performs wiring for new or existing POTS, Internet, VOIP, and Special Circuit subscriber services.
- Installs aerial and buried service drop wires, station protections, network interface devices and ONTs for the purpose of delivering new POTS, Internet, VOIP, Special Circuits, and equipment for new or existing customer services.
- Installs in premise wiring and jacks to support Ethernet connectivity onsite at customers request or as communicated in the Service Order.
- Uses appropriate testing equipment to verify that newly delivered customer services are at the best possible performance.
- Completes all installation forms and reports, to include rate sheets and customer acceptance sheets.
- Provide customer education on features and use of services.
- Maintain and document inventory to fulfill Trouble Ticket and Service Order needs.
- Communicate arrival or delays with customers while maintaining the utmost level of timeliness on Service Orders.
- Maintains and repairs POTS, INTERNET, VOIP, and Special Circuits and equipment for existing customer services.
- Maintains and repairs existing customer services using splicing procedures for copper or fiber optic cable and by using the appropriate test sets to locate line trouble.
- Determines necessary repairs which may include repairing aerial and buried service drop wiring, station protectors, running new cabling and replacing jacks, NID, ONTs, modems, and repairing pedestals as needed.
- Responsible for properly communicating the need for a Buried Drop Request through Service Order comments, Trouble Ticket comments, or direct communication with Service Desk.
- Responsible for properly communicating any damages to customer premise through emails to the Service Desk Manager and the Director of Engineering.
- May confer with customers to further determine problems and acceptable resolutions.
- Completes all repair forms and reports, to include rate sheets and customer acceptance sheets.
- Communicate arrival or delays with customers while maintaining the utmost level of timeliness on Trouble Tickets.
III. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
- High School diploma
- Skill in operating service equipment including PC laptop, various hand tools, and copper and fiber optic network testing equipment to evaluate, test, and repair associated POTS, Internet, VOIP, and Special Circuit equipment and services.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to effectively function as a team player.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle appropriate for the job position.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Knowledge of basic electronics, specification sheets, and circuit diagrams, copper, and fiber optic cable splicing and PC literate.
- Knowledge of telecommunications plant equipment operations and maintenance for POTS, Internet, VOIP, and Special Circuit services as provided over copper and fiber optic networks.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of company products and services.
- Ability to improve or redesign procedures for specific installation/repair problems.
- Ability to work independently and make sound technical decisions using information at hand.
- Two years of telecommunications schooling or an equivalent five years’ experience in the installation and maintenance of similar POTS and Internet, VOIP, Video and Special Circuit telecommunication equipment serving over copper and fiber optic networks.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as ESRI maps, staking sheets, and operating and maintenance instruction manuals.
- Certifications in Fiber Splicing, Safety, Network, or any other related field.
- Class A CDL
Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License required.
Bixby Telephone Company dba BTC Broadband offers competitive pay and excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and more. Please fax or mail your resume to Human Resources, 6 E. Breckenridge, Bixby, OK 74008. Fax (918)366-2044 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.