OSP Construction Tech/General Labor
OSP Construction Technician places and maintains cable within underground conduit system. Places direct buried cable using plowing, digging, and trenching equipment. Installs and removes aerial cable, including installation of messenger strands and transfer of cable and equipment from old poles to new poles. Assists cable splicer during copper and fiber optic splicing activities. Places direct buried cable by operating plowing, digging, trenching and boring equipment, Maintains aerial and buried cable by assisting with testing, splicing and repairing cable, Repairs and maintains aerial cable by installing and removing aerial cable and strands, attaching hardware, and inspecting lines and poles, Installs OSP feeder and distribution cable, and related cabinets/pedestal, Updates field copy of construction plans for “as built” records.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively function as a team player.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
- High school diploma or equivalent, construction and/or equipment maintenance.
BTC Broadband offers competitive pay and excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and more. Please fax or mail your resume to Human Resources, 6 E. Breckenridge, Bixby, OK 74008. Fax (918)366-2044 or email: email@example.com.