At BTC Broadband every effort is made to carry on the tradition of satisfying our customers’ needs. Sometimes a problem may develop from telephone wiring in your home.
Without our Wire Protection service there is a minimum maintenance fee of $50 charged if the issue is traced to wiring in your home. With BTC Wire Protection your home wiring is covered and you will not be charged for repairs.*
*Maintenance includes determining customer owned equipment is causing the problem. It does not cover repairing a telephone, television, computer or wiring in new locations. Additional restrictions may apply.
As a BTC Broadband customer, you are responsible for maintaining that part of your telephone line between the Network Interface Device or NID (which is usually a gray box attached to the outside of your house) up to and including your telephone set. To help you maintain the wiring and jacks in this part of your line, BTC Broadband offers an optional Wire Protection Plan subject to the following terms:
- Under this coverage, BTC Broadband will repair telephone service problems which may exist in the wiring and jacks inside your home or business. If the problem is in the line from the network interface or to the jack(s), BTC Broadband will repair or replace basic inside telephone wire and modular jacks. If the problem is caused by a defect in the cord from the jack to the telephone or other equipment (e.g., fax machine, answering machine, modem, etc.) that is attached to your line, BTC will advise you which phone or other equipment is the source of the problem. BTC Broadband does not repair defective phone cords, phones, or equipment.
- You agree to pay a small monthly charge for Wire Protection Plan. There is no additional charge for repairing problems in the wiring or jacks inside your home or business. Because this plan is optional, non-payment of charges for Wire Protection Plan will not cause termination or denial of your regular telephone service. Non-payment would, however, result in cancellation of the Wire Protection Plan and application of a late payment charge on the delinquent charges for the plan at the rate imposed by BTC Broadband for other delinquent BTC Broadband charges as set forth in applicable tariffs.
- Wire Protection Plan does not cover (1) problems caused by willful damage to inside wire or jacks; (2) damage caused by Acts of God (such as Fire, windstorm, flood, tornado, or other similar acts); (3) service problems in your inside wire or jacks that were obvious at the time you subscribed to Wire Protection Plan; (4) inside wire or jacks that do not meet industry standards for telecommunication; and (5) any repair to and/or maintenance of your inside wiring or jacks to the extent that after reasonable effort BTC Broadband determines that such repair/maintenance cannot be performed in a safe manner due to the presence of asbestos or any other environmentally hazardous substance or due to the existence of an unsafe condition.
- Where existing service subscribers request coverage under the plan, Wire Protection Plan will not become effective until 30 days after the date the plan is ordered. Wire Protection Plan is provided on a month-to-month basis and can be cancelled by either party giving verbal or written notice to the other.
- If you have more than one exchange access line in your premises, you must subscribe to Wire Protection Plan for each access line. If you have a key telephone system, a Private Branch Exchange (PBX), or other non-basic telephone system, you are not eligible for this plan.
- This rate and other terms or conditions may be changed from time to time with 30 days notice. This notice, which may be provided in your monthly billing envelope on an insert, shall include the revised rate, terms and conditions and the effective date of change. If the rate, terms or conditions are changed and you do not wish to continue as a subscriber to Wire Protection Plan, you may cancel by calling your local BTC Broadband office.
BTC BROADBAND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, THAT ARISE FROM (1) ANY DEFECTS IN MATERIALS USED TO MAINTAIN INSIDE WIRE OR JACKS; OR (2) DEFECTS IN WORKMANSHIP PROVIDED UNDER THE PLAN. THERE ARE NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, OR WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A SPECIFIC PURPOSE OFFERED WITH THIS PLAN. BTC BROADBAND’S LIABILITY FOR DEFECTIVE MATERIALS OR WORKMANSHIP IS LIMITED TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE DEFECTIVE MATERIAL AND/OR A CORRECTIVE SERVICE VISIT.
Other Services Menu
3 reasons to sign up for Wire Protection:
- The BTC Wire Protection Plan provides trouble isolation and repair of telephone wires & jacks, network interface units and Internet.
- Without Wire Protection, wiring problems can cost a minimum of $50 per trip (plus labor and materials.)
- BTC Wire Protection is only $2.25 per month – that’s pennies a day.