BTC Broadband wants to ensure your online information is as safe as possible. Click HERE for tips on creating secure passwords.
We provide all email customers with the following features:
- Blocks SPAM, viruses, phishing schemes, offensive content, hacking & other threats
- Automatic Email Filtering with no interaction or maintenance required
- No separate login needed, your current email and password work seamlessly
- Continuous, proactive monitoring and updates
- Lightening quick response to protect you from the latest threats
- Behavior based filtering technology
- Customized settings for each email address in your BTC Broadband account
- Allows you to get only the email you want and nothing else
NOTICE: BEWARE OF SCAMS! BTC Broadband does not send emails that prompt you to go to a website to provide us with or confirm your email username and/or password. If you receive such an email or other communication requesting your personal information, it is recommended that you refuse to give it out. If we require you to change your password, we will call you directly, provide you with a temporary password, and direct you to a site that enables you to set your own password without having to disclose the new password to anyone.
In electronic communication such as email, phishing is defined as the act of attempting to acquire information (usernames, passwords, credit card details, etc.) by masquerading as a trustworthy entity. Spammers will send an email to you, and the email appears to be from a legitimate site requesting you to click on a link and “verify” your information. The link takes you to a site that superficially appears to be legit, and prompts you for your username and password.
In reality, it is a site setup by spammers to steal your username and password. When you provide that information, it is then used by the spammers to authenticate to our mail server and send spam. We detect the spam activity, and have to change your password administratively to stop the spam, and prevent our mail server from getting blacklisted.
Blacklisting is an anti-spam technique used by receiving mail servers to reduce spam distributed by compromised systems. When our mail server is blacklisted, all mail is rejected, whether it is spam or legitimate emails from non-compromised customer email accounts. All of this could cause email service interruption.
Protecting your information and having a strong password on your accounts also help to prevent this type of malicious activity.